Can’t find a set of chumps to reliably finish out the season or come back next year? Us too.
Starting to feel frustrated about a recent rash of league owner turnover? Us too.
Conversely, have you found your people and already agreed to a blood pact to play fantasy football together forever? Us too.
Whether you’re hearing flaky owners say they don’t have enough skin in the game to keep them interested or your best buds are getting sick of the same payouts every year, we think you will love experimenting with Super Seasons – a fresh new look at paying league dues and distributing end of season payouts.
How It Works
It’s good to spice things up every once in a while, especially when it comes to fantasy football league payouts. Afterall, winning money is great, but winning more of your friends money is even better.
Under a typical Super Season format, your league will operate on a four year schedule with a spike in payouts happening every fourth season. Each year, owners will pay 125% of the normal league dues at the beginning of the year, however payouts in Years 1, 2, and 3 will be your typical agreed upon amounts. The Commish will hold the extra 25% paid by each owner until Year 4, where all payouts will be doubled.
To keep owners interested in the league, make it so that extra league dues they have paid into the Super Season are nonrefundable. This way league owners have progressively more and more money on the line with each season and will have to take a financial hit if they choose to walk away from the league.
Nuts and Bolts
- Find a set of league owners that you would like to maintain long term.
- Your league will operate on a four-year cycle.
- When it comes time to pay league dues, owners will pay 125% of the normal dues.
- In Years 1, 2, and 3, payouts will be in the amounts agreed upon by all owners.
- In Year 4, payouts will be doubled using the extra 25% dues paid each year.
- Extra dues paid by owners are non-refundable should they choose to leave the league.
Why even wait four years? Have owners pay 150% dues and have a super season every other year! Hell – have owners pay 200% and DO A SUPER SEASON RIGHT NOW. WE DARE YOU.